Our Practice Areas
The team of Maine lawyers at Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP cover the following practice areas, offering a comprehensive suite of legal services:
When a party decides to appeal the trial outcome, they have the option to file an appeal. An appeal is the process of requesting a higher court to review decisions made at the lower court. Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP represents those individuals who believe that certain aspects of the lower court’s proceedings resulted in an unfavorable outcome. The attorneys at Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP have experience in handling appeals at both the State and Federal courts.
- Jeffrey A. Schwartz handles our firm’s appellate law.
If you’re overwhelmed with business debt, personal debt, medical bills, facing eviction or foreclosure, you may have recourse through the bankruptcy courts. If someone files bankruptcy owing you or your business money, Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP can assist. We help businesses and individuals in the following areas:
- Personal Bankruptcy
- Reorganization Plans
- Business Reorganizations
- Creditor’s Rights in Bankruptcy
- Rick O’Brien handles bankruptcy law for both debtors and creditors.
Business Litigation & Advice
Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP, represents Maine businesses of all sizes in a wide range of legal services, including:
- Business Planning
- Defense of Employment Claims
- Business Litigation
- Corporations, Partnerships, and Limited Liability Companies
- Account Collection
- Trade and Service Marks
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization (Debtor and Creditor)
- Insurance Litigation
- Attorney John “Jack” Conway can assist with all real estate and business law needs.
Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP can assist homeowners, subcontractors, general contractors, and others involved in construction disputes. Below are some of the construction law services we offer:
- Homeowner Representation
- Mechanic Lien Claims
- Subcontractor Claims
- Bond Claims
- Construction Contracts
- Construction Disputes
- Prompt Payment Claims
- Attorney John “Jack” Conway can assist you with construction law matters.
Consumer Protection Law
Although many business transactions transpire in a fair and legal manner, if you feel that you have been treated in an unfair, deceptive, bad faith, deceitful, and/or fraudulent manner, or are a business being accused of such actions. the law office of Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP, may be able to assist you. Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP represents Plaintiffs and Defendants in consumer protection law and/or consumer law claims. Our consumer protection law and/or consumer law practice focuses on disputes surrounding the business relationship and/or interactions between individual consumers, and businesses selling goods and/or services.
- Contact Jeffrey A. Schwartz for more information involving Consumer Protection Law.
Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP can assist with creditor’s rights — your right to collect when someone owes you money. Below are some of the services we offer to creditors:
- Account Collection
- Breach of Contract
- Creditor’s Rights in Bankruptcy
- Bond Claims
- Lien Claims
- Small Claims
- Money Judgments
- Attorney John “Jack” Conway can assist you in creditor’s rights matters.
Divorce & Family Law
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Visitation Rights
- Post-judgment motions to modify, to enforce, or for contempt
- Protection from Abuse
- Guardianship of Minors
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Guardian ad litem
- Molly Watson Shukie is our firm’s divorce attorney and handles all aspects of family law.
Elder Abuse Law
Elder law is a broad area of law encompassing numerous areas dealing with the issues faced by one of the fastest growing segments of the society, the elderly. Although elder law incorporates areas of practice such as estate planning, wills and trusts, it also deals with issues pertaining to elder abuse and neglect, and probate litigation.
If you, or a loved one, has been the victim of elder abuse, Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP may be able to help.
Labor and Employment Law
Labor and employment law broadly encompasses areas affecting the employer-employee relationship such as sexual harassment, age discrimination, race discrimination, gender discrimination, wrongful termination, wage/hour law violations, FMLA violations, whistle blowing, and construction discharge. Although intolerable, if, due to your gender, you have been subjected to lewd comments, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual relations, unwelcome touching, and being subjected to sexually explicit materials in the workplace, you may have a claim for employment discrimination. Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP exclusively represents employees that have been unlawfully discriminated against, or harassed, in the workplace based on their race, age, gender, pregnancy, or mental/physical disability.
- For more information, contact Jeffrey A. Schwartz
Personal Injury & Property Claims
The attorneys at Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP, have decades of experience handling personal injury and property claims of any nature, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical or Legal Malpractice
- Work Injuries
- Defective Products
- Property Damage Claims
- Attorney Jon S. Oxman has a medical and healthcare background and handles both workers compensation and personal injury claims.
Real Estate Law
Legal issues with respect to real estate and property matters can arise in a variety of business and personal settings. Here are some of the real estate services Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP, can provide:
- Zoning and Land Use
- Boundary Disputes
- Construction Matters
- Title Searches
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Attorney John “Jack” Conway can assist with all real estate needs, for both individuals and businesses.
Tort & Contract Law
Linnell, Choate, & Webber, LLP has significant experience pursing and defending Tort Law claims and Contract Law Claims.
- Tort Law Claims.
- Sex Abuse Litigation
- Professional Negligence.
- Contract Law Claims
- Contact Jeffrey A. Schwartz for more information.
Wills, Trusts & Estates
Linnell, Choate & Webber’s estate and probate services include:
- Wills and Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Probate of Estates
- Rick O’Brien handles wills, trusts, and estates.
Linnell, Choate & Webber,LLP handles all aspects of Maine Workers Compensation law, including:
Other Legal Services
Other various legal services Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP, can provide include:
- Municipal Law
- Banking and Finance
- Insurance Law
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Dedimus Justice and Notary Public Services
- Author Publication Consultations and other Legal Services for Writers